breaking news

Letter carrier ejected in Clark Co. mail truck crash issued citation

Springfield shooting: Alleged gunman faced previous stalking accusations


The Springfield man who police say killed his wife and step-daughter before turning the gun on himself had a civil stalking protection order filed against him in 2002.

Eric Sirons, who police say killed Jennifer Sirons, 46, and Andrea Heiser, 21, Tuesday night at their Quinlan Court home, was the subject of stalking allegations, according to Clark County public records uncovered by the Springfield News-Sun. The request was eventually dismissed after the parties involved reached an agreement, the documents say.

READ: Springfield murder-suicide: Couple was going through divorce

The request also sought protection for the woman’s daughter.

“Eric Sirons came to my house on 9/4/02 at approximately 11:45 p.m. to 12 a.m.,” the request says. “This was immediately after a male friend had left my house. Eric rang my doorbell and saw me in the house.”

The woman said she called the sheriff’s office.

“He obviously watched my house,” the request says. “I am afraid to leave windows open for fear he will come in. I had to change my locks on doors.”

EXTRA: 3 dead in Springfield murder-suicide, police say

The request alleges Eric Sirons made numerous phone calls to the woman and followed her on dates, the request says.

“I also changed my cell phone number,” the report says.

The woman also alleged she received a note from him.

“A note from him on 6/2/02 states that he has a different plan for the ending (of) this relationship and that he deserves ‘the ultimate payday,’” the request says.

The protection order was dismissed on Sept. 25, 2002, by Clark County Magistrate Joel Salway after the parties reached an agreement, the court documents say. As part of the request’s dismissal, Eric Sirons was ordered to pay the court costs.

MORE: 3 killed in Springfield shooting

The Springfield News-Sun reached out to the woman who filed the request but she wasn’t immediately available for comment.



Reader Comments ...


Next Up in Crime

South Carolina authorities searching for 3 escaped inmates
South Carolina authorities searching for 3 escaped inmates

South Carolina authorities are searching for three inmates -- two of whom are charged with murder -- who escaped from a jail, WRDW reported. The Orangeburg County Sheriff's Office said in a Facebook post that the trio escaped from the county detention center Saturday night and that all are considered dangerous. The three inmates were identified...
Police: 13-year-old in custody after 2 children shot in Central Florida city
Police: 13-year-old in custody after 2 children shot in Central Florida city

Two children were hospitalized after being shot in a Central Florida city Saturday evening and a 13-year-old boy was in custody, police said.  The incident occurred shortly before 6 p.m. in the Brevard County city of Palm Bay. Two juvenile victims, who police did not identify, were taken to nearby hospitals in serious but stable condition, police...
Sex abuse policy under scrutiny at Ohio colleges
Sex abuse policy under scrutiny at Ohio colleges

Ohio’s colleges are joining together to address sexual misconduct on campus as part of a statewide initiative to keep one of them from becoming the next Michigan State University, which agreed to settle with the survivors of Larry Nassar’s abuse last week for $500 million. Nassar, who was accused of sexually abusing more than 332 people...
North Carolina deputies find nearly $91 million of liquid meth on truck
North Carolina deputies find nearly $91 million of liquid meth on truck

Deputies in North Carolina on Saturday seized a tractor-trailer containing $90.8 million worth of liquid methamphetamine in the driver's side fuel tank, WTVD reported. Raul Topete Arreola, 49, and Aquileo Perez Pineda, 48, were charged with three counts of trafficking methamphetamine, according to the Harnett County Sheriff’s Office. Deputies...
25 people in New York City hospitalized for synthetic marijuana overdoses
25 people in New York City hospitalized for synthetic marijuana overdoses

Twenty-five people in New York City were hospitalized Saturday night after apparently having a negative reaction to synthetic marijuana, WABC reported. Lt. Paul Ng of the New York Police Department said that the drug, known as K2, was taken by people in the Bedford-Stuyvesant section of Brooklyn. They were taken to the hospital after reports of...
More Stories