Last year, the company opened 21 Ross Dress For Less locations as part of a larger plan to open 70 Ross stores and 20 dd’s locations.
RELATED: Technical issue at PSA Airlines Dayton headquarters grounds 675 flights
“With this opening group, we continued to expand Ross and dd’s in both new and existing markets. Ross grew in its newest market – the Midwest – as well as existing markets, including California, Texas, and Florida,” said Jim Fassio, president and chief development officer, in a 2017 release. “Looking ahead, we remain confident in our expansion plans and continue to see plenty of opportunity to grow across all of our markets. We continue to believe that over the long-term, Ross can grow to 2,000 locations and dd’s can become a chain of 500 stores.”
The company plans to add 100 new stores in 2018.
Dayton Mall officials said they could not comment on the store. This news organization has reached out to Ross Dress For Less for more information about the potential store.
FIVE FAST READS
• Retail sales increase in May, expected to continue growing this year
• Macy’s to expand pop-up marketplace with new partnership
• Dayton flight to Houston successful; could lead to two flights
• Video game chain GameStop may be up for sale
• UPDATE: Beavercreek shopping center to expand