‘We are in this together’: New details released in fatal New Carlisle triple stabbing

A New Carlisle mother is dead and two teens, including the daughter of the victim, have been detained on a murder charge after a triple stabbing at a North Church Street home early Thursday morning.

The two teenage girls accused in the deadly stabbing conspired to kill two adults in the house as well as a 17-year-old male who helped subdue the attacker, the Clark County Sheriff’s Office said.

» FIRST REPORT: Mother dead, two teens facing murder charge in triple stabbing at New Carlisle home

One of the suspects, who is 13-years-old, is the daughter of the two of the victims. The other suspect, a 15-year-old, is the daughter’s friend.

Clark County Sheriff Deb Burchett said the 13-year-old’s parents told her she was not allowed to be around her 15-year-old friend anymore — but the two continued to meet in secret at a local library.

Deputies, in interviews, determined the 13-year-old suspect initiated conversation with the 15-year-old suspect and both conspired to have the older girl enter the house during the night with the younger girl’s help and assault and kill the man, woman and 17-year-old.

The woman was identified as 36-year-old Lee Ann Moore, according to the Montgomery County Coroner’s Office. The father of the suspect, Paul Greear, was also stabbed in the neck and taken to the hospital for treatment. He was released from the hospital Thursday.

» OTHER LOCAL NEWS: Carlisle football coach resigns after theft accusations, 3 alcohol-related convictions

Sheriff’s deputies responded to the home in the 300 block of North Church Street around 3 a.m. for a reported stabbing, Burchett said.

She said the 15-year-old broke into the house and began to stab Moore and Greear.

Once on the scene, deputies reportedly found Moore unresponsive on the floor and Greear suffering from a stab wound to the neck.

Greear and his 17-year-old son were able to wrestle the 15-year-old to the ground and held her for deputies, said Burchett.

Moore died from her injuries after she was transported to Grandview Hospital, according to the coroner’s office.

Both teens are being held in the juvenile detention center.

An incident report suggests one of the teens yelled for the other to help her because ‘we are in this together’.

The report says one teen told the deputy “normally she is a good kid”.

Tecumseh Superintendent Paula Crew said Thursday she’s been told by authorities that the accused teens are students at the school district.

» READ MORE: Mad River Twp. may vote Friday to hire new fire employees

She said the school is working with the Clark County Sheriff’s Office and is still gathering information, but will consider releasing details to the community when she learns more about exactly what happened Thursday morning.

“I’m going to wait to see what that information is,” Crew said.

She said the school’s student resource officer is working as a liaison between the sheriff’s office and the school. She declined further comment out of respect for the ongoing criminal investigation.

Both teens are facing one count of murder and two counts of felonious assault, Burchett said.

The Clark County Juvenile Court said the teens accused in the stabbing did not appear for an arraignment Thursday.

They are set to appear in court Friday at 1:30 p.m.

The Springfield News-Sun is committed to covering crime and how it impacts local communities.

About the Authors