Footage from the night of Piazza’s death shows Beta Theta Pi members forcing 18 drinks on Piazza and other pledges in less than an hour and a half.
He was admitted to the hospital with a collapsed lung, a ruptured spleen, and "non-recoverable" brain trauma sustained in a fall down the stairs at the Beta Theta Pi house nearly 12 hours earlier, according to a timeline by Penn State's student newspaper The Collegian. After his head-first fall, Piazza was taken to an upstairs room, where members of the fraternity kicked, slapped and poured liquid on him as his abdomen filled with blood from his ruptured spleen.
UD officials on Tuesday declined to further comment on Kurczewski and the circumstances of his admission to UD last year, saying the Federal Educational Rights and Privacy Act as prevented them from doing so.
FIVE FAST READS
• Ohio’s public universities subsidize D-1 athletics by $181M
• Trump touts manufacturing growth at Lima tank plant
• VA mistake forces veterans to seek help to pay bills
• Payroll Project: See how much Wright State’s top paid employees make
• Easton to anchor expansion with new store in 2019