Springfield man pleads not guilty to charges stemming from standoff

Credit: DaytonDailyNews

Robert Boulware-Faison is arraigned in Clark County Municipal Court Monday.

Credit: DaytonDailyNews

A Springfield man was arraigned Monday morning in the Clark County Municipal Court on charges stemming from a standoff.

Robert K. Boulware-Faison III pleaded not guilty to aggravated burglary, having weapons while under disability, improperly discharging a firearm and tampering with evidence, according to court records. He was given a $25,000 bond and remains the Clark County Jail as of Monday afternoon.

Officers were dispatched around 8 a.m. on Friday to the area of West Perrin Avenue and South Center Boulevard after dispatch received “several calls in reference to shots being heard around a yellow house on West Perrin Avenue near the intersection,” according to an affidavit filed in the case.

RELATED: Springfield standoff: Suspect ID’d who shoots at house, then holes up inside

One caller said there was a black SUV parked outside of the residence when they saw a male in a red shirt firing a gun at the house and then running inside before they heard more shots being fired, the affidavit said.

Robert Boulware-Faison III.
Robert Boulware-Faison III.

When police arrived, they found a black Saturn Vue parked in front of a yellow duplex in the 100 block, and also saw the front door of one side of the duplex open and a man with a red shirt in the doorway.

“The male, later identified as Robert K. Boulware-Faison III, saw officers, stepped back into the house, and closed the door,” the affidavit said.

RELATED: Springfield police investigate shots fired on same street

The other side of the duplex was evacuated, and police blocked the area of West Perrin Avenue and South Center Boulevard to traffic.

Officers attempted to call Boulware-Faison out of the duplex but were unsuccessful due to him barricading himself inside.

Springfield police’s Special Response Team responded to the scene, and around 12:30 p.m. the tactical team fired tear gas inside. Shortly after, Boulware-Faison surrendered, ending the nearly five-hour standoff, according to the report.

Boulware-Faison was taken into custody and held without bond in the Clark County Jail over the weekend.

No one was reported injured during the incident.