Springfield man accused of hitting, robbing man

A Springfield man is accused of punching and robbing a person over the weekend.

Albert Castello, 38, is charged in Clark County Municipal Court with robbery. He pleaded not guilty during a court appearance Monday morning and his bond was set at $30,000.

READ: These 14 people were indicted in Clark County court

Springfield police began their investigation Sunday when they were dispatched to a home on East Street. Officers found a victim covered in blood and injuries on his face, an affidavit filed with the charges says.

“(The victim) stated that the, and another man went to see his friend Albert Castello, who lives on Rutland Avenue,” the affidavit says. “He advised that when he got to the residence he knocked on the front door, and Mr. Castello let him inside the residence. Once inside the residence, he stated that he was jumped by Mr. Castello (and two other men). He stated that all three males punched him several times in the face, at which point they then took his wallet, and debit cards.”

Castello was the only person charged in connection with the case so far, according to online court records.

“(The victim) stated that he then ran from the house and got back into the vehicle and fled the area, before calling the police. The victim was transported by medics to Springfield Regional Medical Center,” the affidavit says.

Springfield police went to the address on Rutland Avenue and began investigating.

MORE: Springfield man indicted in connection with two robberies

“Officer’s located a broken lamp, and blood in the living room consistent with (the victim’s) statement,” the affidavit says.

Castello was eventually arrested on previous warrants and a charge of robbery, the affidavit says. In an interview with police, he allegedly told them that the men had been drinking and a fight broke out, according to the affidavit.

“(Castello) stated everyone was drinking on St. Patrick’s Day, and a fight started,” the affidavit says. “Mr. Castello advised everyone got worked up and it was just a friendly fight.”

A next court date in the case had not been set, according to the court records.

About the Author