An Air Force airman has pleaded guilty to a charge of extortion in connection with threatening to post sexually explicit photos of three women on the internet if they did not send him nude photos, according to authorities.
Military judge Col. J. Wesley Moore sentenced Airman Christopher N. Allore, 22, to reduction to the lowest military rank; 15 days confinement; and a bad conduct discharge in court martial proceedings Tuesday at Wright-Patterson.
Allore was serving with the the 51st Logistics Readiness Squadron at Osan Air Base in South Korea, but he was flown to a Wright-Patterson courtroom for the proceedings because the victims lived in Indiana, according to base spokesman Daryl Mayer.
None of the victims attended the proceedings, but did submit statements in the case.
Standing before the judge in a nearly empty courtroom prior to sentencing, Allore said he took responsibility for his actions and apologized to the three women, his family and the Air Force.
“The Air Force has done so much for me and I let them down,” he said in testimony.
Allore told the judge he contacted the women through Facebook and threatened to post nude photos of each if they did not send him nude photos of themselves. But, he told the judge, he did not have any such pictures.
Allore testified he contacted one victim via his personal Facebook account when he was stationed at Dyess Air Force Base in Texas, and later switched to an alias Facebook account to send demands for photos to the others. He contacted the women between March 1, 2013 and Sept. 1, 2014, prosecutors alleged.
The repeated demands and threats for photos stopped when the women, former high school acquaintances between the ages of 19 to 22, cut off contact with him, prosecutors said.
None of the women sent nude photos, Allore told the judge.
The airman pleaded guilty to three of seven specifications, or allegations, the Air Force had filed against him. The judge dismissed four related allegations under a plea agreement.
Capt. Benedict Woit, an Air Force prosecutor, told the judge the airman should receive a bad conduct discharge.
Capt. Ann Marie Sutter, a defense attorney, said Allore had been rehabilitated since the incidents. “These are not victims that feel they need retribution,” she told the judge, adding they had wanted the contact to stop. “For one year, he (Allore) has kept his nose clean,” she said.
Sutter argued against a bad conduct discharge, saying a reduction in rank, forfeiture of pay, and hard labor without confinement were more appropriate considerations as punishment.
Thank you for reading the Springfield News-Sun and for supporting local journalism. Subscribers: log in for access to your daily ePaper and premium newsletters.
Thank you for supporting in-depth local journalism with your subscription to the Springfield News-Sun. Get more news when you want it with email newsletters just for subscribers. Sign up here.