Fairborn City Schools has released the list of individuals who applied for the superintendent position.
There were a total of 24 applicants, including two from the Fairborn district: Ed Gibbons, the director of business affairs, and Eugene Lolli, the high school principal.
Also on the applicant list is James Schoenlein, the former superintendent at Kettering City Schools.
Terry Riley was appointed Fairborn interim superintendent in September after Dave Scarberry stepped aside due to health reasons.
The school board will conduct a candidate screening Thursday, then have the first round of interviews Feb. 17-18. The finalist interviews will be Feb. 29 and March 1-2.
The district’s goal is to hire a superintendent by March 17, with the new leader starting in June or July.
The applicant list as of today, Feb. 3, included:
- Jay Arbaugh: Former Superintendent, Keystone Local Schools; Former Superintendent, Cory Rawson Local Schools
- Thomas Bailey: Assistant Superintendent and Chief Operating Officer, Three Rivers Local Schools; Former Head Principal (Grades K-12), Three River Local Schools
- Amy Baldridge: Director of Programs, Greene County Educational Service Center; Former Curriculum Supervisor, Xenia City Schools
- David Bartoe: Director of Education and Principal, Lockland Local Schools; Former Director of Professional Development, Myerson Academy
- Thomas Brady: Principal, Madison High School, Madison, Ohio; Former Assistant Principal, Madison High School
- Roger Lee Cade: Principal, Edgerton Junior/Senior High School, Hicksville, OH; Former Principal and Career Tech Education Director, Tucker County (W. Va.) High School
- Jack Cunningham: CEO/President, Chesterton Group School Management Consultants; Former Principal, East Liverpool High School
- Dr. Glenn Faircloth: Superintendent, Lorain County Joint Vocational School District; Former Executive Director, Dayton City Schools’ Career Technical Programs
- Ed Gibbons: Director of Business Affairs, Fairborn City Schools; Former Principal, Baker Junior High School, Fairborn City Schools
- Dr. Susan Hayward: Assistant Superintendent, Beavercreek City School District; Former Assistant Professor, Wilmington College
- Chad Hill: Principal of Vandalia-Butler High School; Former Principal, Dixie High School, New Lebanon, Ohio
- Larry Hook: Superintendent, Carlisle Local School District; Former Assistant Superintendent, Springboro Community Schools
- Jonathan Kuehnle: Campus Director, Springfield High School, Springfield City Schools; Former Principal, Circleville High School
- Eugene Lolli: Principal, Fairborn High School; Former Superintendent, Springboro Community Schools
- Rebecca Lowry: School Psychologist, London (OH) City Schools; Former Executive Director, Yellow Springs Community Children’s Center
- Dean Lynch: Superintendent, Blanchester Local Schools; Former Middle School Administrator, Springfield City Schools
- Mark Manley: Music Teacher, Warner Middle School, Xenia City Schools; Former Administrative Specialist, Xenia City Schools
- Mark North: Superintendent, Lebanon City Schools; Former Assistant Superintendent, Groveport Madison Local Schools
- Tyrone Olverson: Superintendent, Finneytown Local Schools; Former Director of Curriculum & Instruction, Licking Heights Local Schools
- Jeff Patrick: Superintendent, Franklin Monroe Local Schools, Pitsburg, Ohio; Former Superintendent, Bradford Exempted Village Schools
- Jennifer Pennczarski: Superintendent, Kenton City Schools; Former Principal, Tri-Valley Middle School, Dresden, Ohio
- Dr. Brad Ritchey: Director of Instructional Assessment, Parma City School District; Former C-TEC Secondary School Academics Supervisor/Dean of Students
- Paul Ross: Technology Director, Bexley City Schools; Technology Resource Center Manager, University of Denver
- Dr. James Schoenlein: Campus Director, American National University; Former Superintendent and Curriculum Director, Kettering City Schools
Thank you for reading the Springfield News-Sun and for supporting local journalism. Subscribers: log in for access to your daily ePaper and premium newsletters.
Thank you for supporting in-depth local journalism with your subscription to the Springfield News-Sun. Get more news when you want it with email newsletters just for subscribers. Sign up here.