Smartphone owners know all too well the feeling of running out of battery when they need it most.
NewsCenter 7’s Gabrielle Enright explains the easiest ways to save battery life on your phone in situations when you can’t find a charger.
The best way to save battery life is to not use your phone — but that’s not going to happen, so here’s what else you can do.
- Uninstall apps that are known memory hogs — some users report that removing Facebook’s Android app gave them 20 percent more battery life.
- Turn down screen brightness manually and switch off auto-brightness sensors.
- Switch off services like GPS and Bluetooth until you actually need them.
- Use silent mode or turn up the volume instead of vibration notifications that use more battery.
- Change push notifications to a fetch notification to only look for new messages at set intervals.
- Use the power save mode.
Thank you for reading the Springfield News-Sun and for supporting local journalism. Subscribers: log in for access to your daily ePaper and premium newsletters.
Thank you for supporting in-depth local journalism with your subscription to the Springfield News-Sun. Get more news when you want it with email newsletters just for subscribers. Sign up here.