@ 6:12 a.m. On the Northwoods Blvd. ramp to southbound I-75 in Vandalia, police shut down the ramp due to a crash with injuries. Authorities said a woman was driving too fast on the ramp when she crashed into the rear wheel of a semi-tractor trailer. The woman was not seriously hurt and was taken to Grandview. The ramp was expected to reopen around 7 a.m.
@ 6:10 a.m. On East High Street (Ohio 41) just west of South Bird Road in Springfield Twp., state troopers and medics were dispatched on a report of a car into a tree.
@ 4:40 a.m.: On West Rahn Road, west of Far Hills Avenue in Washington Twp., high water was reported. Deputies had requested high water signs, but by 5:15 a.m., most of the water had already drained off the roadway.
Ongoing Construction & Other Closures
- I-75 south ramp to US 35 west will be closed from January 9th to September 30th to replace a bridge deck beam that was not included in the I-75 modernization project. The official detour is: I-75 south to the Edwin C. Moses turn around lane to I-75 north to US 35 west
- SR 49 south between Brookville-Salem Road and Pleasant Plain Road, Lane closures November 28th through February 20th. One southbound lane will remain open at all times.
- South Gebhart Church Road between SR 725 and Maue Road, Road Closure February 6th – April 19th. The official detour is: Maue Road to Alexandersville Road to SR 725 to South Gebhart Church Road.
- Old Mill Road between Phillipsburg-Union Road and North Montgomery County Line Road, Road Closure February 6th - May 6th. The official detour is: Phillipsburg-Union Road to Rhinehard Road to North Montgomery County Line Road to Old Mill Road
- The Webster Street bridge is closed as it is rebuilt. A detour will take drivers to Keowee Street to Monument Avenue. The project is scheduled to be completed in November of 2017
- I-75 between CR 25A (Piqua) and US 36, Lane width restrictions September 12th – June 15th 2017. Lanes are restricted to 12 feet. Two lanes will remain open in each direction.
- Statler Road between Cromes Drive and Free Road, road closure September 13th – June 15th, 2017. The official detour is: Cromes Drive/Looney Road to US 36 to Troy-Sidney Road to Statler Road.
- SR 571 between US 36 and Jaysville - St. Johns Road, road closure January 16th – March 17th. The official detour is: US 36 to US 127 to SR 49 to SR 721
Download our free WHIO news app which will send you notifications of major traffic issues and provide you with 24/7 updates on breaking news and weather.
Get a live look at highways on our traffic cameras here.
Latest traffic conditions are also available on our traffic map.