Computer modem causes fire in bedroom in Springfield

A computer modem in an upstairs bedroom of a Springfield home caught fire Wednesday morning.

MORE LOCAL NEWS:  WATCH: Domino’s Pizza robber in camo jumps counter

The Springfield Fire Department quickly extinguished the fire in the 1500 block of North Limestone Street around 6 a.m.

No one was injured in the fire that was contained to the bedroom, according to firefighters at the scene.

North Limestone Street was blocked while crews worked to extinguish the flames.

Thank you for reading the Springfield News-Sun and for supporting local journalism. Subscribers: log in for access to exclusive deals and newsletters.

Thank you for supporting in-depth local journalism with your subscription to the Springfield News-Sun. Get more news when you want it with email newsletters just for subscribers. Sign up here.

X