The court case struck down a provision of the law that required a portion of cultivator licenses to be awarded to economically disadvantaged businesses, said Kerry Francis, spokeswoman for the state commerce department.
» RELATED: Ohio medical marijuana: Everything you need to know
Another operation, Ohio Clean Leaf LLC at 2046 Valley St. in Dayton, was previously awarded a Level 2 cultivator license, according to the state. Paragon Development Group was also given a Level 2 license for a facility at 6212 Executive Boulevard in Huber Heights.
Level 2 cultivator licenses, which allow businesses to have up to 3,000-square-feet of growing space.
FIVE FAST READS
• WSU may face more scrutiny despite deal on federal visa investigation
• Heating costs could spike this winter as natural gas prices increase
• EXPERT: Wright-Patt ‘crucial to avoiding a defeat if there’s a World War III,’
• UD president gets contract renewed for 5 years
• UD, Premier give former fairgrounds new name, redevelopment could start in 3 to 4 years