Need to catch up on news? Here are five crime stories the Springfield News-Sun reported during the week of April 28 to May 4.
Springfield man convicted in stabbing sentenced to maximum time in prison
Aaron Webb, 30, was sentenced to the maximum time in prison - 11 years - in connection to a stabbing incident.
Webb was found guilty of attempted murder in Clark County Common Pleas Court.
He is accused of stabbing another man multiple times including once in the throat. His bond was previously set at $75,000.
Springfield man who possessed child porn accused of showing it to young girl
Oliver Sanders III, 26, is charged with eight counts including four counts of pandering obscenity involving a minor or impaired person and four counts of pandering sexually oriented matter involving a minor or impaired person.
Sanders is accused of possessing hundreds of images of child pornography and showing some of them to a young girl.
Sanders denied the allegations. He signed a consent to allo a search of his cell phone, according to an affidavit filed with the case.
A detective found 10 videos and over 350 images of child pornography, according to the affidavit.
Sanders was arrested and taken to Clark County Jail, the affidavit says.
Bonds set for Springfield couple charged in connection to baby death case
Brandon Beedy, 23, and Caitlyn Heinzen, 27, the parents charged in connection to their baby’s death, had bonds of $50,000 each set against them, according to online court records.
The couple is charged with involuntary manslaughter and endangering children in connection to the death of 21-month-old Camden Beedy.
Springfield police said in a press release that Camden died from dehydration.
Springfield woman who ignored decomposing body in living room sentenced to jail
Lisa Sisler, also known as Lisa Powell, was sentenced to spend 30 days in jail for ignoring a dead man decomposing in an apartment.
Sisler is charged with failure to report a crime or knowledge of a death or burn injury, to which she pleaded guilty.
Trial date set again for Bellefontaine mom accused of killing sons
Brittany Pilkington, 27, who is accused of killing three boys could face a jury in September.
Pilkington was first charged with aggravated murder in 2015 in connection to the death of a 4-year-old and two infants.
Her new trial date is set for 9 a.m. on Sept. 23 and is expected to last two weeks. This is at least the fifth time a trial date has been set in the case.
Thank you for reading the Springfield News-Sun and for supporting local journalism. Subscribers: log in for access to your daily ePaper and premium newsletters.
Thank you for supporting in-depth local journalism with your subscription to the Springfield News-Sun. Get more news when you want it with email newsletters just for subscribers. Sign up here.