The chain will open about 75 stores this year, along with an additional 25 dd’s Discounts locations, both owned by parent Ross Store’s Inc.
2. Aerie by American Eagle
Lingerie, sleepwear, swim and intimates brand Aerie will open 60 to 75 new stores, some standalone and other side by side with American Eagle locations. An Aerie store opened beside the American Eagle at the Mall at Fairfield Commons last year.
Aerie’s fourth quarter comparable sales increased 23 percent from 2017, following a 34 percent increase from 2016. The brand has seen double-digit comparable sales growth for 17 consecutive quarters.
»BIZ BEAT: Liquidation sales start today at womens apparel store set to close at area malls
Burlington, which recently opened a store in Huber Heights, also plans to add 50 stores this year.
The off-price retailer saw same-store sales increase 1.3 percent in the fourth quarter of 2018, adding to a 5.9 percent increase the previous year.
FIVE FAST READS
• Ohio dairies closing amid four years of near record lows milk prices
• Gap to close 230 stores, split from Old Navy
• Victoria’s Secret closing more than 50 stores
• Luxury apartments, townhouses, carriage homes coming to Huber Heights
• JCPenney plans more store closures amid sales slump