»BIZ BEAT: Liquidation sales start today at womens apparel store set to close at area malls
“Stores associates are aware and we are working to relocate as many as possible to other store locations,” the statement said.
The company also has a call center in Kettering that employs thousands but is not impacted by closures, according to the statement.
L Brands announced it would close 53 stores earlier this month after disappointing holiday sales. The closures add to 30 shuttered in 2018, both above the company’s average closure rate of 15 per year, according to an L Brands release.
Comparable sales across the company’s brands, which also include Pink, were up 3 percent.
FIVE FAST READS
• Ohio dairies closing amid four years of near record lows milk prices
• Gap to close 230 stores, split from Old Navy
• Victoria’s Secret closing more than 50 stores
• Luxury apartments, townhouses, carriage homes coming to Huber Heights
• JCPenney plans more store closures amid sales slump