“I think it’s irresponsible to have Beggar’s Night during a pandemic. We could go one year without it,” Ashlea Leandro said. “Stay home! Spend time with your kids. Have a fun treat and watch scary movies. It’s ONE year.”
Over half of the residents that said they are participating in Beggar’s Night by trick-or-treating said they are not passing out candy.
Clark County Sheriff Deborah Burchett previously told the News-Sun that residents are encouraged to leave their porch lights off if they are not passing out candy - so children do not come to their doors.
On Sept. 21, Burchett announced that Clark County would have Beggar’s Night on Oct. 31 after Gov. Mike DeWine said in early September that trick-or-treating decisions would be left in the hands of local communities.
“We are advising everybody to try to go along with the health department’s rules and regulations that they have put into effect,” Burchett said. “Hopefully everybody goes out and has a good time, but yet a safe time.”