Space heater suspected cause of Park Layne house fire

UPDATE @ 1:30 p.m.

Two people have been displaced by a fire that may have started from a space heater.

A Bethel Twp. fire official tells us the fire in the 300 block of Queen Road caused only minimal damage, about $2,500 worth.

The furnace had recently stopped working in the home and the residents had been using space heaters to warm the home, according to the official.

The source of the fire is electrical, but the exact cause remains under investigation.

The Red Cross is assisting the two adult residents in finding a place to live.

The home’s electrical system will need to be checked out before the residents can return, the official said.


Crews are responding to a reported house fire in the 300 block of Queen Road in the Park Layne community.

Emergency dispatchers got the call shortly after 11:30 a.m. that flames were visible coming from the attic of the home.

We’re headed to the scene to find out more.

Download our free apps to get news and weather updates on your mobile devices.