WATCH: iPhone battery explodes in repair shop

Video: iPhone explodes in Las Vegas repair shop

The explosion was sparked as an employee was working to replace a broken screen that was caused by a problem with heat, according to CNN. 

Paul Tartaglio, owner of Gadget Repair, said there’s no way to predict when an iPhone battery will blow, but typically only happens when they’ve been extremely hot.

>> Should we be concerned about Google’s new human-like AI assistant?

He said those taking advantage of wireless chargers should avoid using them overnight. 

“They are great, but they do heat up your device and battery,” he said.

>> More trending news

Thank you for reading the Springfield News-Sun and for supporting local journalism. Subscribers: log in for access to your daily ePaper and premium newsletters.

Thank you for supporting in-depth local journalism with your subscription to the Springfield News-Sun. Get more news when you want it with email newsletters just for subscribers. Sign up here.

X