1. Laith Waleed Alebbini
A Dayton man, Laith Waleed Alebbini, 27, was arrested in April 2017 by the FBI’s Joint Terrorism Task Force before starting a trip to Jordan and charged with attempting to help ISIS. Prosecutors said Alebbini watched pro-ISIS content with a Confidential Human Source (CHS), that he told the CHS he took anti-ISIS brochures from his mosque and threw them in the garbage and that Alebbini told the CHS to join ISIS.
2. Munir Abdulkader
Munir Abdulkader is a 21-year-old West Chester Twp. man who planned to kill police officers and a military officer, join the terrorist group ISIS, and purchased an AK-47 with the intent to execute his plan, federal investigators say. He was sentenced to 20 years in federal prison and lifetime supervision after being found guilty in a terror plot.
3. Christopher Lee Cornell
Christopher Lee Cornell was arrested in January 2015 on three federal charges. He was arrested outside a Colerain Twp. gun store moments after he purchased two semi-automatic rifles and 600 rounds of ammo. FBI agents had worked with an informant to track Cornell’s online movements, where he allegedly discussed a plan to “wage jihad” against the U.S.
FIVE FAST READS
• People are talking about suicide: There's help available locally
• Woman shaving legs at pool sparks outrage, disgust
• 5 surprising ways Kroger is changing stores in 2018
• This $2 million Warren County estate is a rural paradise with a resort-style pool
• You won't believe the inside of this INCREDIBLE Oakwood house