Several fire departments responded around noon Tuesday to Sunrise Cooperative Inc. (South Charleston Grain) for a grain dryer that was on fire.
The fire was on the side of a grain elevator and smoke was coming out of the top.
An aerial fire truck from London sprayed water into the container to put the smoke out.
South Williams Street will be closed while crews from Madison Twp., London and Cedarville put out the fire.
No injuries were reported.
Thank you for reading the Springfield News-Sun and for supporting local journalism. Subscribers: log in for access to your daily ePaper and premium newsletters.
Thank you for supporting in-depth local journalism with your subscription to the Springfield News-Sun. Get more news when you want it with email newsletters just for subscribers. Sign up here.