According to the National Weather Service, weak funnel clouds have been observed for Darke, Miami, Montgomery and Preble counties until 7:30 p.m.
Current Watches, Warnings, and Advisories in effect for the Miami Valley:
- A Flash Flood Watch has been issued for Auglaize, Butler, Champaign, Clark, Clinton, Darke, Greene, Logan, Mercer, Miami, Montgomery, Preble, Shelby, Warren, Union and Wayne, Indiana, until 8 p.m. Thursday.
- A Flood Warning for Clark County until 1:15 p.m. Wednesday and the Great Miami River at Sidney until 9 p.m. Wednesday.
- An Areal Flood Warning for Logan and Shelby counties until 1 p.m. Wednesday.
- Showers ending this evening
- Patchy fog overnight
- Strong storms return late Wednesday
- Unsettled pattern persists through the weekend
THIS EVENING/OVERNIGHT: Shower will end this evening, but clouds will linger. Some areas of patch fog will form overnight and temperatures will stay mild and muggy with lows in the middle 60s.
WEDNESDAY: There will be some areas of patchy fog in the morning then mostly cloudy. A few scattered showers and thunderstorms will return for the afternoon and evening. The severe threat is low with damaging winds, hail and flooding being the primary threat. Highs for the day will be around 80 degrees. Storms today will continue into Thursday.
THURSDAY: There will be more showers and perhaps a few thunderstorms, but a severe threat is not expected. There is a higher threat for flooding and potentially, with highs in the lower 70s.
FRIDAY: It will be partly sunny and warm with temperatures near 80 degrees for the first day of summer.
SATURDAY: Expect it to be partly to mostly cloudy, warm and humid with the chance of scattered pop-up showers and storms as highs reach the lower 80s.
Thank you for reading the Springfield News-Sun and for supporting local journalism. Subscribers: log in for access to your daily ePaper and premium newsletters.
Thank you for supporting in-depth local journalism with your subscription to the Springfield News-Sun. Get more news when you want it with email newsletters just for subscribers. Sign up here.