>> 8 more Dayton-area restaurants just revealed their reopening plans. Here’s the latest.
One of the many local wineries participating in “Super Sipper Saturday” is Dragonfly Vineyard and Wine Cellar, a family-owned winery operating on a four-acre rural vineyard in Urbana. Dragonfly Vineyard and Wine Cellar is just one of the many wineries adapting to these challenging times. Currently, the vineyard is offering case discounts, curbside service, free local delivery (within an 8-mile radius) and shipping throughout Ohio and in most states.
“We’re grateful for this program, which puts Ohio wines in the spotlight and can assist Dragonfly and other Ohio wineries during these times,” said Kent Eichenauer, a winemaker at the Dragonfly Vineyard.
The following wineries in Southwest Ohio are participating in “Super Sipper Saturday”:
- A.R. Winery in Arcanum in Darke County: Carryout of wine and pizzas, as well as in-state shipping. Seventy retail locations where wines can be found are listed on their website.
- Brandeberry Winery in Enon in Clark County: Carryout and delivery services on bottles of wine. Customers can call, order, and pay for their wine via phone at 937-767-9103. When you arrive, your order will be waiting for you. Customers can come to the winery and order at the window. Customers can call, order, and pay for their wine on the phone and for a $5 delivery fee, orders can be delivered (2-bottle minimum) within a 5-mile radius of the winery. Delivery orders for Friday must be in by 5 p.m. that day and 4 p.m. on Saturday. Deliveries farther than 5 miles will be considered on a case-by-case basis and will be at an additional delivery fee. Winery hours: Friday from 3-7 p.m. and Saturday from noon-6 p.m.
>> ‘Restaurants and bars are floating in purgatory,’ one local pub owner says
- Fulton Grove Winery between Cincinnati and Batavia: Carryout service, Saturday from 1-4 p.m. Wine delivery services with no minimums and $3 delivery fee, waived for full case purchases, within 25-mile radius. Ship anywhere within Ohio.
- Hanover Winery near Hamilton in Butler County: Offering online and carryout orders via email at firstname.lastname@example.org and online through the winery's web site.
- Henke Winery in Cincinnati: Carryout for wine and food Tuesday through Sunday from 4-8 p.m. Can ship wine in-state.
- Indian Spring Winery in Sardinia east of Cincinnati: Carryout available for wine only. Local delivery and shipping also available.
- Meier's Wine Cellars in Silverton north of Cincinnati: Carryout on wine, juice and wine-making supplies, Tuesday through Saturday, from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Customers are encouraged to call ahead with orders so they can be delivered to the car upon arrival.
- Meranda-Nixon Winery near Ripley southeast of Cincinnati: Carryout hours are Friday 1-7 p.m. and Saturday 11-6 p.m. Also offering Saturday night carryout dinners, check Facebook for menus. For #SuperSipperSaturday, carry out a case of wine and receive a gift certificate for a future steak and salmon dinner.
- Mio Vino Micro Winery in Deer Park near Cincinnati: Carryout of just wine, no minimum purchase. In-state shipment, minimum 2 bottles and will be charged UPS charges.
- O'Bannon Creek Vineyards in Harlan Twp. in Warren County: Carryout sales for wine only.
- Olde Schoolhouse Vineyard & Winery north of Eaton in Preble County: Carryout for wine and growlers of hard cider. Can ship directly to customers, wine only – minimum order 2 bottles. Customer can order and pay directly off website. Check website for hours.
- The Winery at Versailles in Darke County: Cash and carry sales, as well as carryout food orders. Delivery service within 10 miles free of charge for all food/wine orders over $25, plus tax. If outside of the 10 miles, please call to see if they are going to be in your general direction, and they will try to make it work. Food/wine delivery available the following hours: Monday through Friday, 3-6 p.m., Saturday, noon-6 p.m. Can ship in-state.
For a full list of wineries across Ohio participating in this day, and for more information about "Super Sipper Saturday," pay a visit to thewinebuzz.com.