Here’s a family-owned spot with pizza done the old-school way, and well worth a visit.
Restaurant: Enon Pizza & Company
Location: 121 N. Xenia Drive, Enon
Contact: Website: www.enonpizza.com | Telephone: (937) 340-6188
Enon Pizza & Company was established by John Roberds in 1977. Charles Wiggins worked there for about 10 years in the 1990s. The owner wanted to sell the pizza shop in 2004, but Charles couldn’t purchase it at that time.
Charles met Tracy Belcher when they were students at Springfield South High School in 1987. After graduation, he became a machinest at DMAX Ltd. in Moraine and she became a project manager for retail stores throughout the Midwest. They married in 2000, and now have two sons and one grandson.
» READ MORE: Springfield’s Legend to star in ‘Jesus Christ Superstar Live!’
When the pizza shop was again up for sale, Charles and Tracy were able to purchase it, and reopened Enon Pizza & Company in November 2004.
Charles turned to the Enon community via Facebook after the buy to ask residents how they wanted the new menu to read. The replies encouraged the new owners to return to the “old school” method of pizza baking with the stone oven.
» READ MORE: Calypso Grill & Smokehouse comes to Yellow Springs
One year later, Charles continues to work full time as a machinest and Tracy manages full time at their Enon Pizza & Company. She boasts, “We want to make quality food at decent prices, while giving our customers personalized service!”
- Beverages: Coca-Cola products-$1.50 plus tax (bottles only); $2 plus tax (two-liter).
- Pizza: Cheese Pizza-$7 (9 inch)/$10 (12 inch)/$11 (14 inch).
- Deluxe, or Meat Lovers Pizza-$10.75 (9 inch)/$14 (12 inch)/$17 (14 inch).
- Hoagies: Mushroom, Pizza, or Steak Hoagie-$7.50.
- Sandwiches: Giant Tenderloin-$6.50; Ham Sandwich, or Turkey Sandwich-$7.50.
- Submarines: Lunchmeat Sub-$7.50; Meatball Sub-$7.50.
- Sides ("Other Good Stuff"): Fresh Cut Fries-$2; Bread Sticks (six, w/one sauce)-$4; Cheese Sticks (six)-$4; Fried
- Mushrooms-$4; Jalapeno Poppers (six)-$4.
- Chicken Wings (Bone-In or Boneless): BBQ, Hot, or Mild Wings-$5 (six)/ $8.50 (ten)/$17.50 (twenty).
- Tues.-Thurs., 10 a.m. to 10 p.m.;
- Friday, 10 a.m. to 11 p.m;
- Saturday, 11 a.m. to 11 p.m;
- Sunday, Noon to 8 p.m.
There’s free parking in the back of this building. The entrance is obtained through a side door that has two very large steps to climb, with an attached handrail; yet, no ramp for easier access.
Enon Pizza & Company is a pick-up and delivery business, with no dine-in option. Free delivery is provided everyday from 4 P.M. to close, with a ten dollar and up order. Big orders need a two-hour notice.
Look for local restaurant profiles by Glenn and Kim Creyts every other week in “Life.” For inquiries regarding this column, and “Restaurant Profile” ideas and suggestions for future columns, please contact Glenn and Kim via e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
About the Author