The retailer said that store closing sales are underway at 42 select locations. The closings are part of the company's previously announced "store rationalization" program. The company filed for bankruptcy earlier this year. READ MORE
3. Macy’s outlet store to open at shopping center in Dayton area
Macy’s is renovating one of its existing stores in the Dayton area to add an outlet store, according to a permit submitted to the Montgomery County Building Regulations Division.
Macy's submitted a permit for a partial remodel of its existing Macy's department store located at 2700 Miamisburg Centerville Road at the Dayton Mall. The estimated market value of the completed project is $75,000. READ MORE
4. Home Depot hiring for more than 200 jobs in Dayton region
The Home Depot is hiring 225 associates in Dayton and 80,000 associates nationwide.
Interested applicants can apply online at careers.homedepot.com, or job seekers can text HOMEDEPOT to 52270 and receive a link to apply to hourly positions in their area. Available positions vary by store. READ MORE
5. Target launches new home decor brand
Target has released a new home decor brand that features dozens of bold colors, prints and textures.
The chain's newest home brand, Opalhouse, has more than 1,300 pieces of furniture for the home. The brand includes bedding, bath, décor, tabletop and furniture. Most pieces are priced under $30. READ MORE
6. Toys “R” Us reportedly plans to close another 200 stores
Toys “R” Us is reportedly planning to close another 200 stores and lay off part of its corporate staff.
The Wall Street Journal reported the toy chain plans to close another 200 stores, after previously announced it would close about 180 stores. The latest shutter would cut nearly in half the number of U.S. stores it had before its bankruptcy filing. READ MORE
7. Amazon reportedly opening 6 more cashier-less stores
The success of the first Amazon Go cashier-less store in Seattle will likely lead to the online giant opening six more locations across the U.S. by the end of the year.
Multiple people familiar with the matter told Recode some stores are likely to open in Amazon's hometown of Seattle, and others may settle in Los Angeles, although it is unclear if stores will open in other cities, according to the report. READ MORE
FIVE FAST BUSINESS READS
• Macy's outlet store to open at shopping center in Dayton area
• Toys "R" Us reportedly plans to close another 200 stores
• Check out this $1 million home for sale in Clearcreek Twp.
• Tyra Patterson: Every day is a second chance
• Kroger sells off convenience store business for $2.15B