There are many ways to save big every day.
On Thursday, Jan. 31, Savings.com announced it has partnered with five couponing experts to launch free resources and tools, exclusive to Ohio residents, that will help consumers save up to 50 percent off their weekly groceries.
We asked Loren Bendele, president and co-founder of Savings.com, about this new savings opportunity.
Q: What is Savings.com?
A: “Savings.com is the leading destination for online coupons and expert money-saving advice. Our mission is to help people lead the best life possible on any budget by promoting smart spending behaviors. In six years, we have saved consumers more than $650 million.”
Q: On Jan. 31, Savings.com announced it has formed a partnership with five couponing experts. Who are they?
A: “The couponing experts are members of our Savings.com DealPro community, a network of bloggers that collectively help millions of people save money every day. We have partnered with five of the most influential in Ohio to launch exclusive new tools and resources that will help local residents save up to 50 percent off their weekly groceries. These individuals have each transformed their families’ budgets, learning how to save tens of thousands of dollars in a single year, and now spend their time teaching others how to do the same. Sara Steigerwald resides in northern Ohio and is the author of SistersShoppingonaShoestring.com. Andrea Deckard resides in Cincinnati, Ohio, and is the author of SavingsLifestyle.com. Lynette Rice resides in central Ohio and is the author of CleverlySimple.com. Briana Carter resides in Indiana and is the author of BargainBriana.com. Mindi Cherry resides in Philadelphia and is the author of MomsNeedtoKnow.com.”
Q: What are these resources and tools people can use?
A: “The story is out about ‘extreme couponers,’ but many of our customers have told us that they don’t have the time or know-how to score these savings. The tools and resources we are launching with the DealPros takes all the hard work out of couponing and makes these savings accessible to everyone.
- Grocery Couponing & Meal Planning classes: The Savings.com DealPros are teaching money-saving workshops across Ohio that include classes on grocery couponing, learning the secrets to shopping and saving at the drugstores, and how to make meal planning simple.
- Grocery Nation Mobile App: Along with these educational workshops, consumers can download a free app to help save on groceries. This team of experts is working together to find and share all the best weekly sales, unadvertised deals and coupons to get the lowest prices possible. You can then build your weekly shopping list based off the best deals.”
Q: How can Ohioans take advantage of these free resources and tools?
A: “You can visit GroceryNationApp.com and download the app for free. It is currently available for Android phone users and will be rolling out in iOS (Apple’s operating system) in 2013. The Grocery Couponing and Meal Planning classes are taking place all across the state of Ohio. You can visit SavingsNation.com for information on classes.”
Q: Why would you tell people that taking advantage of these resources and tools is important and can improve their lives?
A: “The Grocery Nation app and coupon classes were created to save you time and money. Saving money on groceries is the area of your budget that you have the most opportunity to make a significant difference, and these resources will help you increase your savings up to 50 percent per week. They also take all the hard work out of couponing to save you time. With the Grocery Nation app, for example, you can be waiting at the doctor’s office [or] the carpool line and utilize that downtime to build your shopping list around the best deals and coupon matchups for you.”
Q: What are some examples of money-saving tips people will learn through using these new resources and tools?
- “Look beyond the circular to find the best deals. One of the biggest secrets out there is that the best sales are not always advertised. Utilize free tools such as the Grocery Nation app to do all the deal hunting for you. These tools will find sales from the entire circular plus the unadvertised deals, all matched with relevant coupons, so you don’t have to.”
- “How to become a smart shopper. Learn tricks to avoid common marketing traps in the store such as what day of the week to shop, where to start your shopping in the store and even where to keep your line of vision when walking down the grocery aisles.”
- “Know your local store policies. Find out exactly how coupons work at the stores in your neighborhood and how you can use them to save at least 50 percent on your groceries.”
- “Organization is the key. Whether you are building lists on your smartphone with the Grocery Nation app, or you’re clipping coupons and matching at home, the pros will share different organization techniques, so you can find the one that works best for you.”
- “Learn how to live by a meal plan. Meal planning gives you a strategy that takes you from planning, to shopping, to cooking and will save serious dollars without ever clipping a coupon.”
Q: What else should people know about this partnership?
A: “At Savings.com, we are passionate that leading a better life on a budget is an attainable goal. The coupon classes and the Grocery Nation app are free resources that give you access to the hard work of the couponing pros, helping you maximize your time and savings. By saving money on things you have to buy, you can spend more on things that are important to you.”
Thank you for reading the Springfield News-Sun and for supporting local journalism. Subscribers: log in for access to your daily ePaper and premium newsletters.
Thank you for supporting in-depth local journalism with your subscription to the Springfield News-Sun. Get more news when you want it with email newsletters just for subscribers. Sign up here.