Mike Tamte — who along with his wife Megan co-founded the Hot Mama women’s clothing and accessories chain that will join The Greene’s roster of retailers in May — said opening a Dayton-area location made sense, since the chain already had three locations in the northern Cincinnati area. Hot Mama is also adding two stores in Columbus and one in Cleveland this spring.
Tamte said he was drawn to The Greene because no other store there carries many of the clothing and accessory lines that Hot Mama carries, and the chain’s concept “works well in an open-air lifestyle center. We liked the layout and design there.”
The demand for retail locations has prompted The Greene to consider new construction that would add another 40,000 square feet of retail space between The Pub and Urban Active, Willshaw said. The Greene’s general manager called the project “very preliminary” but said a sign would be erected at the site next week inviting prospective tenants to consider pre-leasing the potential new space.
Willshaw said he anticipates more announcements before year’s end. “We have lots of other deals floating around out there,” he said.
The Greene’s new tenants include:
• A new pizza-and-beer restaurant called Pies & Pints, which is scheduled to open in late spring or summer in 4,800 square feet at 52 Plum St. Rob Lindeman, owner of the West Virginia-based chain, said the new restaurant will employ 70 to 80 people and will seat 140 to 145. The Greene location will be second Ohio location for the chain and the fourth overall.
• Crazy Mango Bar & Bistro, from the owners of the former Bahn Mai Thai Cafe in Washington Twp., will open April 1 in 3,135 square feet at 81 Magnolia Lane in the space that formerly housed Joya’s Bistro. The restaurant will hire employees to fill the equivalent of 30 full-time positions, she said. Crazy Mango seats 104 inside and 38 on its patio.
• Buckle, a men’s and women’s clothing and accessories store scheduled to open in June in 5,107 square feet at 4480 Cedar Park Drive.
• Hot Mama, a women’s clothing and accessories store that will open in May in 2,745 square feet at 4470 Cedar Park Drive.
• Tilly’s clothing and accessory store that will open in June in 6,500 square feet at 4453 Glengarry Drive.
• Brighton Collectibles accessories store that will open in March in 1,275 square feet at 4426 Glengarry Drive.
• Woodhouse Spa, which is set to open this month in 6,069 square feet at 118 Plum St. The spa will be operated by franchisee Chris Mann, who opened his first Woodhouse Day Spa in Cincinnati in 2007. Mann said in a news release that he plans to open 10 additional locations in Ohio in the next three years.
• Fusion Health, a chiropractic office that is scheduled to open before the end of the month in 1,185 square feet at 50 Chestnut St.