Swedish furniture retailer IKEA will open its Columbus location next week.
The retailer will open at 9 a.m. on June 7, and customers can start lining up outside of the store approximately 48 hours in advance of the opening. This is the second location in Ohio, and the 44th in the U.S. Here’s what to know before the store opens:
1. The 354,000-square-foot building is built out and the store also features 1,100 parking spaces on 33 acres at in the Polaris Centers of Commerce development.
2. The property is approximately 15 miles north of downtown Columbus. More than 500 jobs have been created during the construction phase, and approximately 300 more workers will be employed when the new store opens.
3. The Columbus location will offer breakfast, lunch and dinner at its IKEA Restaurant and Cafe. Their menu includes items like chicken meatballs, smoked salmon sandwich, Swedish waffles and chocolate cake. Kids also eat free on Tuesday with the purchase of one adult entree.
4. Want to be the first to know IKEA Columbus events? The IKEA Family loyalty program offers exclusive product discounts, special offers and interior design inspiration. Sign up here.
5. IKEA opened its first Ohio location in West Chester Twp., just north of Cincinnati. That store was built out in 2008.
Thank you for reading the Springfield News-Sun and for supporting local journalism. Subscribers: log in for access to your daily ePaper and premium newsletters.
Thank you for supporting in-depth local journalism with your subscription to the Springfield News-Sun. Get more news when you want it with email newsletters just for subscribers. Sign up here.