A popular Nashville food truck that sells fresh peaches from Georgia is making its way to the Dayton region.
The Peach Truck takes the food truck idea and puts a healthy, Southern twist on it — offering fresh, juicy peaches from Georgia. The truck will visit parts of Cincinnati, Dayton and Columbus this summer.
» BUSINESS: New store opens at Town & Country in Kettering
The Peach Truck idea came about when founder Stephen Rose moved to Nashville in 2010 and discovered no one sold fresh, flavorful peaches like the kind he’d grown up eating in Georgia. Two years later, he and his wife Jessica made a trip back to Rose’s hometown farm and started selling peaches out of the back of a ‘64 Jeep truck.
A 25-pound box of Georgia Peaches is $40 and the truck’s pecans are $13 per pound. The truck prefers debit and credit cards.
• May 29/CINCINNATI: 5150 Glencrossing Way from 9 a.m. to 11 a.m.
• May 29/HAMILTON: 1416 Main St. from 4 p.m. to 6 p.m.
• May 30/CINCINNATI: 4289 Ivy Pointe Blvd. from 8 a.m. to 10 a.m.
• May 30/CINCINNATI: 3986 E. Galbaith Road from noon to 2 p.m.
• May 30/FAIRFIELD: 74 Donald Dr. from noon to 2 p.m.
• May 30/MIDDLETOWN: 875 Greentree Road from 3 p.m. to 5 p.m.
• May 30/MIAMISBURG: 1240 E. Central Ave. from 4 p.m. to 5:30 p.m.
• May 31/KETTERING: 1950 E. Stroop Road from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m.
• May 31/BEAVERCREEK: 3776 Indian Ripple Road from noon to 2 p.m.
• May 31/XENIA: 1900 Progress Drive from 3 p.m. to 4:30 p.m.
• May 31/FAIRBORN: 122 E. Dayton Yellow Springs Road from 4 p.m. to 5 p.m.
• June 1/HUBER HEIGHTS: 7611 Troy Pike from noon to 2 p.m.
• June 1/SPRINGFIELD: 1476 Upper Valley Pike from noon to 2 p.m.
• June 1/TROY: 845 W. Market St. from 3 p.m. to 5 p.m.
See the full schedule here.
Thank you for reading the Springfield News-Sun and for supporting local journalism. Subscribers: log in for access to your daily ePaper and premium newsletters.
Thank you for supporting in-depth local journalism with your subscription to the Springfield News-Sun. Get more news when you want it with email newsletters just for subscribers. Sign up here.