The possible interest comes as Amazon enters the brick-and-mortar game. The company purchased Whole Foods lst year, and it is also opening bookstores. Its cashless convenience stores, Amazon Go, are also reportedly expanding in states across the U.S. in coming years.
So, how does Amazon Go work? Consumers use the Amazon Go app to enter the store, take the products they want and walk out. No checkout. No lines.
The store’s technology uses computer vision, sensor fusion and deep learning to automatically detect when products are taken or returned to the shelves and keep track of them in a virtual cart. Customers grab their items and go, and then their Amazon account is charged with the bill. The store will offer ready-to-go meals, grocery essentials and even locally made food.
FIVE FAST BUSINESS READS
• JC Penney cuts 360 jobs in stores, corporate headquarters
• Coroner requested after Fuyao forklift accident: What we know now
• Macy's outlet store to open at shopping center in Dayton area
• Check out this $1 million home for sale in Clearcreek Twp.
• Tyra Patterson: Every day is a second chance