The Paralympics begin Thursday in Rio and run through Sept. 18.
Here is your need-to-know info:
1. Among the 4,350-plus athletes from 160 countries set to compete is Grace Norman, a freshman at Cedarville University who attended Xenia Christian High School.
2. One of Norman’s events, triathlon, is part of the Paralympics for the first time. Canoe is also making its debut at the Games. She will also compete in the 400-meter run.
3. The triathlon is set to take place Saturday and Sunday while the 400 final is Monday.
4. Other events in the Paralympics include archery, cycling, equestrian, goalball, rowing, shooting, sailing, swimming, sitting volleyball, wheelchair rugby, wheelchair basketball, wheelchair fencing and wheelchair tennis.
5. Norman was born missing her left foot and the big toe on her right foot because of a congenital amniotic band disorder. She competes wearing a Flex-Foot Cheetah, a J-shaped, carbon-fiber prosthetic made famous by South African runner Oscar Pistorius.