Former Springfield RV dealer faces up to 15 years in prison

Mother: Pregnant woman ‘50-50’ after she was shot three times in Springfield

UPDATE @ 11:25 p.m. (March 3)

A Springfield mother is desperate for answers after her daughter was gunned down outside of her home.

Lindzie Wilson is in critical condition at Miami Valley Hospital. Her mother, Leighanne Roberts, said Saturday she is not just fearing for her daughter’s life: “It’s 50-50. It’s iffy,” but for her granddaughter’s, too. “She was also 16 weeks pregnant. The baby’s healthy, heartbeats, both of (their) heartbeats are good.”

>> Ohio inmate whose execution was halted after 25 minutes of needle sticks dies of natural causes

Roberts said her daughter was shot three times outside her Springfield home early Friday. She has no idea who did it, nor why.

“She was walking into the house and was ambushed,” she said. “She was shot three times. Once in the shoulder, once in the leg and once in the back of the head.”

Wilson already is a mother to a 3-year-old and 8-year-old. With no leads so far in the case, Roberts hopes someone on Oak Street saw or heard something.

“They’re a coward. To gun down a woman walking into her house — for nothing. For whatever reason it was, there’s no reason for it,” she said.

>> WATCH: Dash cam shows teens body-slam into car windshield

While police investigate, family members and friends say they will stay by Wilson’s side.

“We’re not giving up hope,” Roberts said. “She’s gonna pull through. She’s strong.”


A woman in her 20s was found lying on her back in a front yard in the 900 block of Oak Street, suffering from gunshot wounds to her head, left shoulder, stomach and left knee.

She is listed in critical condition. 

A caller to police dispatch reported hearing what sounded like gunshots just before 10:30 p.m., a police lieutenant said. The victim was found in a yard. 

The woman's condition is not known. 

OTHER LOCAL NEWS: Pedestrian, struck by vehicle, has died

She has been taken to Springfield Regional Medical Center and likely is to be transferred to Miami Valley Hospital. 

According to the lieutenant, police have not identified a suspect and no arrest has been made. 

Got a tip? Call our monitored 24-hour line, 937-259-2237, or send it to newsdesk@cmgohio.com

Reader Comments ...

Next Up in Crime

Miami University to spend $50 million more on undergrad teaching, research
Miami University to spend $50 million more on undergrad teaching, research

Miami University announced it will spend tens of millions of additional dollars to enhance undergraduate teaching, learning and research. The school will invest $50 million more to improve each aspect of its undergraduate education and to gear it more toward “innovation and creativity,” according to the school this week. With the improvements...
WANTED: Sheriff's office accuses Punxsutawney Phil of deception
WANTED: Sheriff's office accuses Punxsutawney Phil of deception

This week’s spring snowstorm has Punxsutawney Phil on the run.  Pennsylvania’s prognosticator is wanted by the Monroe County Sheriff’s Department.  >> Read more trending news  They even have his mugshot up on the “Warrant Wall.”  He’s been charged with deception and lying to the public. ...
Trump threatens to veto funding bill
Trump threatens to veto funding bill

President Donald Trump on Friday threatened to veto a $1.3 trillion funding bill because it did not include money for a resolution for those in the Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals program, and failed to fully fund a wall across the country’s southern border. The Senate had passed the bill early Friday morning. The House passed it on Thursday...
Taco Bell announces new tortilla chips based on its sauces
Taco Bell announces new tortilla chips based on its sauces

Let’s hope this isn’t an early April Fools joke! Taco Bell announced that it will be releasing tortilla chips based on its sauces, according to its social media posts. The chips will be sold in grocery and convenience stores and will come in three flavors: original, mild and fire. >> Read more trending news  The “Today&rdquo...
Who is John Bolton, H.R. McMaster’s replacement?
Who is John Bolton, H.R. McMaster’s replacement?

On Thursday, President Donald Trump named John Bolton as his new national security adviser. Bolton, former U.S. ambassador to the United Nations, was tapped to replace H.R. McMaster.  Bolton, 69, has a long history of work in Washington D.C., including leadership roles at the State and Justice departments and the U.S. Agency for International...
More Stories