Montgomery County Democratic Party Chair Mark Owens says if the debate came to Dayton or Youngstown it would make sense.
“It wouldn’t surprise me if it’s one of them,” Owens said Sunday. He said however that he had not heard that Dayton was a finalist.
The next Democratic debate is this week.
The Sept. 12 debate will be in Houston and air on ABC. It is expected to be a lengthy, three-hour debate with 10 candidates.
The candidates in the debate are:
• Former Vice President Joe Biden
• Sen. Bernie Sanders of Vermont
• Sen. Elizabeth Warren of Massachusetts
• Sen. Cory Booker of New Jersey
• Mayor Pete Buttigieg of South Bend, Indiana
• Former Housing Secretary Julián Castro
• Sen. Kamala Harris of California
• Sen. Amy Klobuchar of Minnesota
• Former Rep. Beto O’Rourke of Texas
• Entrepreneur Andrew Yang
The Ohio debate is likely to be two nights however since billionaire Tom Steyer qualified for the October debate, POLITICO reported today.
He met the requirements of polling at at least 2% in four recent polls and has donations from 130,000 unique donors.