This view of West High Street from 1915 just before Fountain shows a very different view than today.
Bernstein’s Clothing and Furnishings and C.W. Johnson’s Livery stand on the place where Myers Market would be built just a year later.
Today, the Myers Market building sits on the location.
In Other News
Springfield to spend $2.5 million on housing, neighborhood work
Boxing-themed playground, skate park part of Davey Moore plan
Springfield food bank seeking new executive director
Clark State hosts regional poetry and essay contests, announces winners
One of the city’s characters, Dick Hatfield’s sense of humor still...
About the Author