• The breakfast of champions will be 8 to 10 a.m. Sept. 18, at the Holiday Inn-Fairborn, 2800 Presidential Drive. That’s also free and open to the public.
• Race packets can also be picked up Sept. 18 at the continuing Health & Fitness Expo, from 11 a.m. to 8 p.m. that day, still at the Nutter Center.
• The gourmet pasta dinner will be 5:30 to 8:30 p.m. Sept. 18 at the Air Force Museum, also open to the public.
• Also on Sept. 18: The Tailwind Trot 1K kids’ run starts at 6 p.m. at the Setzer Pavilion, behind the Nutter Center.
• The 5K opening ceremony will be 6:15 p.m., also at the Setzer Pavilion. The 5K start is 6:30 p.m.
The marathon and related events expect more than 12,000 participants from across the country and the world.
Those interested can register at https://www.usafmarathon.com/registration/.
Volunteers are a big part of the event. Volunteer registration opens on May 1. There's more information at https://www.usafmarathon.com/volunteer/