Multiple reports of crashes and slide-offs continue to impact roads after as much as six inches of snow fell overnight into Friday morning.
LIVE TRAFFIC UPDATES: Listen to AM 1290 and News 95.7 WHIO
On Interstate 75 north at National Road in Vandalia, several crashes were reported around 10 a.m., including a semi that jackknifed. Damage from the crashes continues to block the left lanes of both northbound and southbound I-75 at National Road.
State troopers also blocked all westbound lanes of Interstate 70 West between Ohio 72 and Ohio 41 due to a crash involving two semis and a van around 1 p.m.
At 2:30 p.m., only the right lane remained blocked.
Here are some of the accidents to which police, fire and medic units were dispatched:
- At 2 p.m. on Needmore Road, between I-75 and Webster Street in Harrison Twp., crews were dispatched to a crash that possibly trapped one person in a vehicle.
- At 2 p.m. on I-75 south near Austin Boulevard in Miami Twp., a crash was reported. It wasn’t immediately known what lanes were blocked but backups were reported to I-675.
At 1:40 p.m. on County Road 25A and Ohio 571 in Tipp City, two serious crashes, involving four vehicles was reported. Several crews have responded to the area.
- At 1 p.m. on I-70 west, west of Ohio 41 in Springfield Twp., Clark County, a crash reportedly involving two semis and a van was reported. All westbound lanes of the highway are blocked, but some traffic is able to get by on the left shoulder.
At 11:30 a.m. on I-70 West, east of Ohio 72 in Clark County, a crash caused a semi to jackknife, according to dispatchers. No lanes are currently blocked.
- Two lanes have reopened on I-75 at Stanley Avenue after a crash involving a semi-trailer shut down all lanes just after 5 a.m. The left lane remains closed in each direction as of 10:15 a.m. and will continue to be blocked while crews make repairs to the median barrier. No one was injured in the crash.
- At 8 a.m., on Urbana Road, north of Moorefield Road in Clark County, a reported head-on crash. Crews responding.
- At 7:45, on northbound I-675 at I-75 in Beavercreek, a crash in the left lane is impacting traffic.
- At 7:40 a.m., on westbound I-70 near U.S. 40 in Harmony Twp., a crash involving a semi and another vehicle.
- At 7:30 a.m., on Dayton Xenia Road, east of North Fairfield Road in Beavercreek, a water main break has closed the road in both directions. The detour route is Meadow Bridge Drive to Beaver Vu Drive.
- At 5:10 a.m. in Harmony Twp., on westbound I-70 just before Urbana Street, a crash involving a car and a semi-truck occurred. Injuries reported.
- 3:30 a.m. in Dayton, on westbound U.S. 35 at the Wayne Avenue ramp, a vehicle reportedly hit a pole. Injuries reported.
- 3:30 a.m. Friday in Moraine, on northbound I-75 near the Dryden Road exit, a vehicle spun out and hit the wall on the interstate.
- 3:15 a.m. Friday in Bath Twp., on northbound I-675, north of Ohio 235, a vehicle spun out.
- 3 a.m. Friday in Xenia, in the 100 block of East Main Street, a single-vehicle slid off the roadway.
- 1:18 a.m. Friday in Harrison Twp., on Old Riverside Drive and Riverside Drive, crews responded to a crash.
- 1:10 a.m. Friday in Washington Twp., on southbound I-675 near Far Hills Avenue, a reported injury crash occurred.
- 12:05 a.m. Friday in Clayton, on Westbrook Road east of Taywood Road, a car went left of center and struck a plow and went into a ditch. No injuries were reported.
- 10:56 p.m. in Xenia, in the 1400 block of U.S. 68 South, a two-vehicle slide-off reported.
- 10:30 p.m. in Harrison Twp., in the 4300 block of Riverside Drive, a Montgomery County Sheriff’s deputy reported he was involved in an accident.
- 10:06 p.m. in Miami Twp., on I-75 South near I-675, a driver reportedly lost control and hit a guardrail.
- 10:01 p.m. in Centerville, on I-75 North at Miamisburg Centerville Road, a single-vehicle accident was reported.
- 9:55 p.m. in Beavercreek, on I-675 North near U.S. 35, a two-vehicle accident was reported with one ended up in a wooded area off the interstate. No injuries were reported.
- 9:45 p.m. in Dayton, on I-75 North at Edwin C. Moses Boulevard, an accident was reported.
We will continue to update this developing report as the snow is expected to continue throughout the region into Friday morning, Storm Center 7 Chief Meteorologist McCall Vrydaghs said.
Have a weather-related traffic news tip? Call our 24-hour line, 937-259-2237, or send it to firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you for reading the Springfield News-Sun and for supporting local journalism. Subscribers: log in for access to your daily ePaper and premium newsletters.
Thank you for supporting in-depth local journalism with your subscription to the Springfield News-Sun. Get more news when you want it with email newsletters just for subscribers. Sign up here.