There is a $1.6 billion Mega Millions jackpot up for grabs Tuesday night, and there might be a few lucky places to buy your lottery ticket at in the region.
CHECK OHIO LOTTERY RESULTS HERE
Your chances of winning the lottery are increased when you purchase more lottery tickets, but your odds of winning are still 1 in approximately 302, 575, 350. Currently there are more than 9,000 Ohio Lottery Retailers throughout the state, including over 1,400 KENO monitor locations, according to Ohio Lottery.
Life after Lotto: Clark County past winners give advice
Here’s what you need to know about winning:
1. Ohio is pretty lucky. How does Ohio stack up? Mega Millions has been around since 2003 and in that time, Ohio has produced 19 jackpot winners, making the state fourth in 44 states that sell the game. The jackpots won in Ohio alone total $2.28 billion.
Mega Millions drawing: What time is it, how can I watch it live; what is the deadline to buy tickets?
Ohio lottery players have new digital option for Mega Millions jackpot https://t.co/zNkqYHyu9f— Dayton.com (@daytondotcom) October 22, 2018
2. The last winner was local. Fat Daddy's Road Dog in Moraine sold our last jackpot-winning Mega Millions ticket on May 4, 2018. The jackpot was $142 million and the winner claimed in a trust.
There's also a few other lucky places in the region.
3. There's different ways to cash out the prize. Exactly how much a winner owes in taxes will depend on how they opt to have the prize money distributed. Lottery winners can choose to take a one-time cash payout, or to receive annual payments for the next 30 years.
FIVE FAST READS
• Target releases cheese-filled advent calendar for the holidays
• You won't believe the inside of this INCREDIBLE Oakwood house
• 5 things you need to know about Sears' bankruptcy
• Kroger launches wine delivery service
About the Author