Pool pump blamed for Clark County house fire

Fire causes over $100K in damage to Clark Co. home

Crews responded to a working fire shortly before 11 p.m. Sunday to a home in the 4300 block of Birchill Street. Moorefield Twp. Assistant Fire Chief Rick Hughes said someone inside the home got up to use the restroom and noticed smoke. Hughes said there were no working smoke detectors inside the home.

The fire started outside near the pool pump. Damage is estimated at $120,000.

Hughes said the fire could have been fatal, and it's pertinent that smoke detectors work.

Thank you for reading the Springfield News-Sun and for supporting local journalism. Subscribers: log in for access to your daily ePaper and premium newsletters.

Thank you for supporting in-depth local journalism with your subscription to the Springfield News-Sun. Get more news when you want it with email newsletters just for subscribers. Sign up here.

X