Looking for a way to fill up a large space but can’t afford to spend tons of money doing this? Here is a great decoration that can be made in a variety of shapes and sizes.
Plus you can hang them from a window or spread them across an entire wall. It costs just $1 to make all of these.
You will need
Items to purchase:
• One pack of craft sticks — $1 at Dollar Tree
Items I already had:
• Red Sharpie marker
• Glue gun
• Glue sticks
1. Decide on a snowflake design that you like.
2. Use your marker to color one side of the craft stick completely. If you are hanging these snowflakes, color in both sides of the stick.
3. Once all your sticks are colored red, begin by gluing three of them into a triangle.
4. Add two more sticks to create a second triangle.
5. Continue adding sticks into you have created a hexagon.
6. Lay your hexagon to the side. Begin gluing six sets of two sticks together in a plus shape.
7. For each of your six plus shapes, add two more sticks to one end that are shaped like a “V,” making branches for your snowflake.
8. Once all six of these branches have been assembled, you can begin gluing them into the center of each side of your hexagon. Glue the side without the “V” onto the hexagon.
9. Once everything is glued, you can hang your decoration on a wall. If you are hanging them up, consider using fishing line so it looks like they are floating in the window or from the ceiling.
We chose to use a Sharpie marker because it gave depth to the craft sticks, but you could use acrylic paint or spray paint to speed up the process.
Thank you for reading the Springfield News-Sun and for supporting local journalism. Subscribers: log in for access to your daily ePaper and premium newsletters.
Thank you for supporting in-depth local journalism with your subscription to the Springfield News-Sun. Get more news when you want it with email newsletters just for subscribers. Sign up here.