I don’t know about all of you, but I am in desperate need of some signs of spring. That is why I feel it is completely appropriate to start bringing some spring things into my decorations.
Why not start by welcoming your friends and family into your home with a spring-inspired wreath?
For just $8.38 you can create a wreath that is inviting and bright while not breaking your bank.
Items I purchased:
• One bunch of fake tulips (16 large tulips in all) - $4.79 at Michael’s Arts and Crafts
• Grapevine wreath - $3.59 at Michael’s Arts and Crafts
Items I already had:
• Glue gun
• Glue sticks
1. Using a large bunch of tulips, any color of your choosing, remove each stem from the bunch.
2. Using your glue gun, place a dollop of glue on the end of the step and begin weaving it into the front of your grapevine wreath.
3. Start at the top and continue placing tulips in the same direction around the entire wreath. Make sure to stagger where the bulbs are so you don’t have all of the flowers lining up in the same spot.
4. Take your glue gun and add a small dot of glue to any sections where the tulip doesn’t look fully secure.
5. Hang up your wreath and you are ready to go.
Thank you for reading the Springfield News-Sun and for supporting local journalism. Subscribers: log in for access to your daily ePaper and premium newsletters.
Thank you for supporting in-depth local journalism with your subscription to the Springfield News-Sun. Get more news when you want it with email newsletters just for subscribers. Sign up here.