To submit your event for free, email Wheels at email@example.com. Deadline is 10 days prior to desired date of publication or event.
THURSDAY NIGHT AT AIRLINE DAIRY CRÈME, 224 N. Dixie Drive, Vandalia, through October, 5 p.m. to dark. Door prizes, 50/50 raffle. 937-898-3100
FRIDAY NIGHT, 5 p.m. until dark, former Hidy Ford parking lots, Seajay Drive, Lofinos Beaver Valley Shopping Center, Beavercreek, through Sept. 25. Sponsored by Greene County Antique and Classic Car Club and National Corvette Restorers Society, Miami Valley chapter. greenecarclub.com
FRIDAY NIGHT KETTERING CRUISE-IN, 5 p.m. to dark, Kettering Towne Center at Dorothy Lane and Woodman Drive, April 21 through Sept. 15. Everything on wheels welcome. DJ, food. Robin, 937-620-6406
FIRST SUNDAY through September, noon to 4 p.m., Springfield Antique Center, 1735 Titus Road, Springfield. Food vendor available.
THIRD FRIDAY through September, AMVETS Post 1789, 715 Market St., Brookville. Door prizes, music, food, beverages, 50/50 drawing. Post open to all for the event. No coolers. Ask about joining this all-encompassing veterans’ organization. Norm, 937-231-4641
AARP SMART DRIVER SAFETY COURSE
This four-hour course helps keep drivers updated, safe, confident and mobile. It includes strategies that can reduce the likelihood of a crash and to understand the links between driver, vehicle and road environments. It also includes strategies for adapting to changes in individuals, roads and the vehicles. Cost is $15 for AARP members and $20 for non-members. Classes are being conducted throughout the Miami Valley during the year. Find a nearby class at www.AARPdriversafety.org. Pre-registration is required. An online course is also available. Each participant receives a certificate of completion which may result in discounted vehicle insurance rates.
BELLBROOK LIONS CLUB FESTIVAL CAR SHOW, 3 to 6:30 p.m., Sugarcreek Elementary School, 60 E. South St., Bellbrook, sponsored by Miami Valley Car Club. Free spectator admission, parking; $10 entry fee per show car; dash plaques to first 75 cars; top 30 trophies; specialty trophies; door prizes; goodie bags; 50/50 drawing; show participants get 2 tickets for festival prize drawings of $10,000, $500, $250. Wayne, 937-426-4519, or Ken, 937-376-1511
GATHERING OF THE GEEZERS, gates open 9 a.m., Kil-Kare Speedway and Drag Strip, 1166 Dayton Xenia Road, Xenia. Old-time drags, car show, swap meet, Hall of Fame inductions. Cash, awards, dash plaques. Ed Crowder, 937-409-3087. www.kilkare.com
CLIFTON MUSIC AND ARTS FESTIVAL CRUISE-IN, 4 to 8 p.m., Clay Street between Route 343 and the Clifton Mill. All vehicles welcome, free admission. Festival features musical acts, beer garden, food vendors, arts and craft vendors. Paula Lazorski, 937-974-3511
33RD ANNUAL TRANS AM NATIONALS SHOW ’N SHINE, Holiday Inn Dayton/Fairborn, 2800 Presidential Drive, Fairborn. Hundreds of Firebirds in competition, voted on by professional judges in 30-plus classes. Appearances and seminars by GM/Pontiac designers, engineers, executives and historians; music; food; giveaways; silent and live auctions, with proceeds benefitting A Special Wish Foundation. Show ’n Shine Aug. 26 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.; spectators free. Aug. 27 final judging 9 a.m. to noon, live auction at noon, awards ceremony 3 p.m., event closes 5 p.m. Entry information at www.tanationals.com , other info at www.holidayinn.com/fairbornoh
13TH ANNUAL ANTIOCH SHRINE CLASSIC CAR, TRUCK AND BIKE SHOW, 1 to 5 p.m., $10 vehicle registration noon to 1 p.m., Antioch Shrine Temple, 107 E. First St. at Jefferson, Dayton. Spectators free. Dash plaques to first 200 registered vehicles, awards to favorite 50 vehicles, plus Potentate’s Choice, door prizes, raffles, food, beverages, music. Awards ceremony 4:30 p.m. Proceeds to benefit Antioch Shrine Temple. Tom Lees, 937-433-2181, or Jim Matthews, 937-631-0711
10TH ANNUAL CULP LAKE SHOW AND SHINE, opens 10 a.m., judging 1 p.m., seven miles from I-70, 1830 East Home Road, Springfield. $10 vehicle registration, spectators welcome. Awards at 3:30 p.m. Dash plaques, entrant judging, 18-inch trophies, Harbor Freight door prizes, goodie bags. On-site photographer. Pre-register, see photos at www.culplake.com. Free fishing. 937-399-0085
OLD RIDES AGAINST CANCER CAR, TRUCK AND BIKE SHOW, registration 10 a.m. to noon, Bill Marine Auto Center, 415 E. North St., Springfield. $10 vehicle entry donation. Top 25 awards 2 p.m. Door prizes, 50/50 raffle, chili cook-off, concession stand. Proceeds benefit Clark County Making Strides. Rain date Sept. 23. Mike, 937-765-0819
VANDALIA NAZARENE CRUISE-IN, 5 to 8 p.m., 620 Stonequarry Road, Dayton. No registration fee, free admission, food, door prizes, music, top cruiser trophy. Award picked by VNC Youth Department, the show sponsor. Rain date Sept. 17. Church office, 937-890-1841
SPECIAL EDITION OF DAYTON CARS & COFFEE, CASUAL PREVIEW PARTY AND 11TH ANNUAL DAYTON CONCOURS D’ELEGANCE AT CARILLON PARK, grounds of Carillon Historical Park, 1000 Carillon Blvd., Dayton. Presented by AAA.
• Kickoff Sept. 16 with special edition of Dayton Cars & Coffee, 8 to 11 a.m., in parking lot by Carillon Brewing Co.; open to all cars.
• “The Wright Place to Be” Casual Preview Party, Sept. 16, 6:30 to 10:30 p.m., open to the public, on the grounds of Carillon Historical Park. Party will preview some Concours automobiles and feature automotive art pavilion, music, silent auction, food, beverages. Tickets for the dressy casual Preview Party are $85 per person, $75 for Dayton History members. Reservations are required.
• Dayton Concours d’Elegance at Carillon Park, Sept. 17, 10:30 a.m. to 4 p.m. Live entertainment, automotive art pavilion, variety of local food and beverages. All exhibits at the park will be open. The Wright “B” Flyer will make a flyover at noon, weather permitting, courtesy of Forgeline Motorsports. Featured marques: first-generation Camaros and Firebirds, plus evolution of the MG, and examples of the famed British marque from 1924 through 1995. Also featuring historic sports cars of Japan. Of special interest will be “The Cars of Orville Wright,” a collection of automobiles similar to those owned by Orville Wright, including a 1904 St. Louis and a 1910 Dayton-built Speedwell. Wright and his brother are best known for inventing the first practical airplane, but Orville was also quite an automobile fan and well-known in the Dayton area as “Scorcher,” a driver with a pretty heavy right foot. A display of Miami Valley area historic racecars will be shown, with Indianapolis Motor Speedway historian Donald Davidson, Indy 500 drivers Jack Hewitt and Tom Bigelow also in attendance to talk with the public.
• About 200 antique and classic automobiles and motorcycles will be shown, judged for awards in 28 classes. The parade of class-winning cars, motorcycles and major award winners will be presented at 3 p.m. A number of specialty awards will be presented including the R.H. Grant Best of Show, Col. Edward Deeds Judge’s Choice, Charles F. Kettering People’s Choice, Jeffrey Siler Spirit Award, Taj Ma Garaj Award and Hagerty Youth Judging Award. A dozen nationally recognized automotive artists will have a pavilion to display their work. In addition, there will be a reunion of Fisher Body Craftsman’s Guild modelers exhibiting their hand-built models that embrace automotive vehicle design creativity.
• General admission is $20 at the door, or $15 in advance, $5 for children 17-3; children younger than 3 and members of Dayton History are free.
• For more information regarding the Concours, go online to www.daytonconcours.com or call 937-293-2841.
• All proceeds from weekend support Dayton History, Montgomery County’s official historical organization.
CROSSROADS REHAB AND NURSING BENEFIT CRUISE-IN FOR BREAST CANCER AWARENESS WALK, 5 to 7:30 p.m., 208 N. Cassel Road, Vandalia. Prizes for cruisers, food, bouncy house for kids, bake sale, live music by Three Road Junction. Kelli, 937-751-4113
AIRLINE DAIRY CRÈME END OF YEAR CAR SHOW, $10 vehicle registration 9:30 a.m. to noon, 224 N. Dixie Drive, Vandalia. Awards 4 p.m. Rain or shine. Sponsored by Ohio Cruisers. Door prizes, raffles, driver’s pot, 50/50, dash plaques for first 70, trophies top 30; top four future classics 2000 and newer; top GM, Ford, Mopar, Motorcycle, Rat Rod, Best of Show, Club Award. Tracy, 937-235-2509 or 307-2281
Thank you for reading the Springfield News-Sun and for supporting local journalism. Subscribers: log in for access to your daily ePaper and premium newsletters.
Thank you for supporting in-depth local journalism with your subscription to the Springfield News-Sun. Get more news when you want it with email newsletters just for subscribers. Sign up here.