• With a win tonight, the Bengals will extend their franchise-best start and become the 29th team in NFL history to start 9-0.
• In his past two starts, Houston running Alfred Blue is averaging 105.5 yards per scrimmage and one touchdown.
• Cincinnati running Giovani Bernard has scored seven of his 17 career touchdowns in his seven primetime games.
• The Texans lead the NFL in third-down defense, holding opponents to a 26.7 percent (27 of 101) conversion rate.
• The Bengals are 11-20 on Monday Night Football, but they are 8-4 at home where they have a current two-game winning streak with victories against Pittsbrugh (2013) and Denver (2014).
• Houston defensive end J.J. Watt (65.5 career sacks) needs one sack to pass Derrick Thomas for the second-most in a player’s first five years in NFL history (Reggie White’s is first with 81).
Thank you for reading the Springfield News-Sun and for supporting local journalism. Subscribers: log in for access to your daily ePaper and premium newsletters.
Thank you for supporting in-depth local journalism with your subscription to the Springfield News-Sun. Get more news when you want it with email newsletters just for subscribers. Sign up here.