Ezekiel Elliott won’t be charged with a crime stemming from domestic violence allegations made by a former girlfriend.
In a news release, the Columbus prosecutor’s office make that announcement Tuesday, citing conflicting and inconsistent information from the alleged victim.
Per the Fort Worth Star-Telegram, the NFL is still reviewing the former Ohio State star’s case, so he may not be out of the woods yet in regard to his playing eligibility.
Dallas drafted Elliott with the fourth pick in last spring’s draft, and he is expected to play a significant role on a talented team that will have to begin the season without injured quarterback Tony Romo.
Elliott’s father, Stacy, previously declared his son had done nothing wrong when reports were filed in July.
Elliott told police he never touched the woman in a harmful manner, according to a police report, and that her bruises were from a bar fight. Elliott said he never lived with the woman but did pay her rent and was a co-signor on her vehicle. The report states that due to conflicting versions of the events that took place between July 16-20, the victim was referred to the prosecutor’s office.