It was picture day here at the Cincinnati Reds’ spring training complex.
The Reds took the team photo at the stadium early this morning and then posed for a variety of cameras outside the clubhouse. Those included team photos and the traditional few minutes with the Topps baseball card folks. After a few years in the 1990’s of several companies producing baseball cards, Topps now has the exclusive market for Major League baseball.
- LOU PINELLA: 1990 manager 'thankful' to be back with Reds
- BRANDON PHILLIPS: Second baseman mum on trades he blocked
- FACEBOOK VIDEO: Mike Hartsock live at Reds spring training
- JAY BRUCE: Latest on trade rumors
- HOMER BAILEY: '... anyone can lose 100 ...'
- MIKE HARTSOCK ON: FACEBOOK | TWITTER |
Reds manager Bryan Price also with the media this morning.
“I think there’s a great sense of opportunity here,” he said. “A sense of excitement for some guys who were with other organizations who see a better chance here to get to the big league level.”
Today is the first day of live batting practice. That is exactly what it sounds like … Reds pitchers throwing to Reds hitters, instead of coaches throwing at slower speeds.