>>PHOTOS: Springfield gets its holiday tree
· Hours: 4 to 8 p.m. Monday through Friday; 10 a.m. to 8 p.m. Saturday and Sunday starting Nov. 23 through Dec. 24.
· Directions: Take I-70 to I-675 North; turn right on Lower Valley Pike, which is Main Street in Medway.
KNOLL TOP CHRISTMAS TREES AND WREATH
5221 Snyder Domer Road, Springfield. 937-969-8338
· Types of trees, costs: Scotch pine, Norway spruce, Colorado spruce, Fraser fir and white pine. $38 and up.
· Extras: U-cut, fresh cut and B&B trees for planting. Wreaths made on the farm 20" to 6'. Tree stands, shaking, baling, bow saws, sleds and carts to retrieve trees, warm sales area, free hot chocolate on weekends, restroom in the barn.
· Hours: 3 to 5:30 p.m. Monday through Friday; Saturday and Sunday 10 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. starting Nov. 23.
· Directions: Take Upper Valley Pike past the Upper Valley Mall to Tremont City turn left (west) at the traffic light and follow the signs; take the left fork at the three way just before arriving at the farm.
COUNTRY CHARM TREE FARM
348 Timothy Lane, Xenia. 937-352-6240
www.countrycharmtrees.com and on Facebook
· Types of trees, costs: Choose-and-cut Canaan fir, blue spruce and Norway and Black Hills spruce. Pre-cut Balsam and Fraser fir. $7-$9 a foot depending on size. Large selection of tall pre-cut up to 13 feet. Prices from $25 to $125. Also, Fraser fir table top with stand for $15. Balled and burlapped trees also available.
· Extras: Shaking and baling services available. Free hot chocolate and cookies. Handmade wreaths and grave blankets.
>>South Vienna donates tree for Springfield’s Holiday in the City
· Hours: 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Tuesday through Thursday, 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. Friday through Sunday starting Nov. 23 through Dec. 23. Call for appointment for special time if needed.
· Directions: Take U.S. 35 east around Xenia to U.S. 68, north on U.S. 68 toward Xenia to Union Road, follow signs for farm; or take I-71 north to Ohio 42 to U.S. 35 east to U.S. 68, follow signs to farm.
4382 Kemp Road, Beavercreek. 937-429-3407
· Types of trees, costs: Cut your own Scotch and white pines, $30 to $60; Spruce and Canaan firs, $50-$100.
· Extras: Saws and loading provided. Free shaking and baling.
· Hours: 3 to 5:30 p.m. Monday through Friday; 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Saturdays; and noon to 5 p.m. Sundays starting Nov. 23 through Dec. 16.
· Directions: U.S. 35 to Woodman Drive exit, north on Woodman; right onto Burkhardt/Kemp Road. Farm is about a mile on the left.
CARL AND DOROTHY YOUNG’S CUT YOUR OWN CHRISTMAS TREES
4970 Springfield-Xenia Road (U.S. 68) Yellow Springs. 937-767-7288
· Types of trees, costs: Cut your own Scotch pine, white pine, Norway spruce, Canaan and blue spruce. All pines start at $49. Spruce trees start at $54· Fir trees start at $69.
Extras: Will shake, wrap and load every tree. Wreaths, stands and decorations to complete your Christmas tree shopping. Saws available. Gift shop available. Free hot chocolate and popcorn available.
· Hours: 11 a.m. to 7 p.m. Monday through Friday, 9 a.m. to 7 p.m. Saturday and 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. Sunday starting Nov. 23 through Dec. 16.
· Directions: Take U.S. 68 to one mile north of Yellow Springs. Located just south of the big red barn, look for the little red tree barn next to Route 68.
SPRING VALLEY TREE FARM, LLC
2300 Cook Road, Spring Valley. 937-671-5443
· Types of trees, costs: Variety of spruces and firs for cutting at $8.50 per foot up to 7 feet. $9 per foot up to 8 and 9 feet and $10.50 per foot for 10 feet and above. A variety of living trees (balled and burlapped) $25 per foot. Tall firs: 9-14 feet
· Extras: Saws and tree cleaning are provided; bailing $1 and bags $1.50 each. Free cookies and cider. Wreaths available. Decorated wreaths for $25, undecorated $20.
· Hours: 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Friday through Monday starting Nov. 23 through Dec. 17.
· Directions: East on U.S. 35. Proceed south on U.S. 42 and watch for signs as U.S. 42 narrows, just after you cross the Little Miami River.