• Michelle Ashworth of Enon, Morgan Battin of South Charleston and Allyson Gibbs and Matthew Kurian of Springfield qualified for the dean’s list at the University of Akron.
• Mayelin Beekman of Springfield was named to the dean’s list at Cedarville University.
• Kate Stevens of Springfield has been selected as one of 10 recipients to win the Outstanding Activities Award for Seniors from the College of Food, Agricultural and Environmental Sciences at the Ohio State University. While studying at OSU, Stevens also studied abroad in Brazil for six weeks and completed two undergraduate research projects. She will attend the School of Veterinary Medicine at the Ohio State University in the fall of 2013.
• Bellefontaine resident Alayna Coughlin and New Carlisle resident Anna Studebaker were named to the dean’s list at Bellarmine University.
• Renee L. Campbell, daughter of David and Julie Pirtle of Springfield, recently graduated from the College of Pharmacy at Ohio Northern University. She received the Doctor of Pharmacy degree.
• Brittany A. Loy, daughter of Adrian and Judith Loy of Springfield, recently graduated from the College of Pharmacy at Ohio Northern University. She received the Doctor of Pharmacy degree.
• Andrew D. Nelson, son of Dan and Cheri Nelson of Springfield, recently graduated from the College of Pharmacy at Ohio Northern University. He received the Doctor of Pharmacy degree.
• Thomas C. Reed, son of Don and Charlotte Reed of Springfield, recently graduated from the College of Engineering at Ohio Northern University. He received the Bachelor of Science degree in mechanical engineering.
• Joshua I. Roberts, son of Jack and Tamyra Roberts of South Charleston, recently graduated from the College of Arts and Sciences at Ohio Northern University. He received the Bachelor of Science degree in manufacturing technology.
• Donald A. Samuelson, II, son of Eric and Cynthia Samuelson of Urbana, recently graduated from the College of Engineering at Ohio Northern University. He received the Bachelor of Science degree in civil engineering.
• U.S. Rep. Steve Austria announced the Congressional Student of the Month Award winners for April and May.
The April recipients are:
Springfield High School — Kyle Baxter, Bodey Rozell, Ka’Dae Brockington, QW’cynda Kemp, Jonathan Hunt, Zoie Merchant.
Northwestern High School — Hunter Berthold, Harmonie Coleman, Brandon Rogers, Tara Pullins.
Northeastern High School — Ethan Sheaffer, Rachel Parker, Summer Allen, Kylie Hayes.
Shawnee High School — Zach Brown, Jeff VanZant, Megan Oxner, Alexa Collier.
Greeneview High School — Jordan Basinger, Nick Heim, Evan Bradds, Garrett Hudson.
Greenon High School — Kristin Clevenger, Taylor Burrows, Rachael Hart, Colyn Norton.
Southeastern High School — Michael South, Kimberly Truong, James South, Katlyn Clark.
Emmanuael Christian Ac.ademy — Rachel Walker, Gillian West, Amelia Walker, Kevin Stewart.
Springfield High School Stem Academy — Sophia Yu, Madison Taber, Sarah Dixon, Daniel Gelhut, Amy Steinberger, Ashley Scruse, Kelcey Richard.
The May recipients are:
Roosevelt Middle School — Amari Bradford, Ceaira Ferryman.
South Vienna Middle School — Kathryn Dillard, Jamie Wilson, Madison Crawford.
Northwestern Middle School — Lindsey Scherman, Addyson Gibson, Danielle Berthold, Hannah Tritle.
Greeneview High School — Alex Blakely, Emily Bonk, Dimitri Furman, Hayley Horsley.
Thank you for reading the Springfield News-Sun and for supporting local journalism. Subscribers: log in for access to your daily ePaper and premium newsletters.
Thank you for supporting in-depth local journalism with your subscription to the Springfield News-Sun. Get more news when you want it with email newsletters just for subscribers. Sign up here.