In 1915, James P. Goodwin started the Springfield Printing and Binding Company, located at 123-129 W. Main Street. PHOTO COURTESY OF THE CLARK COUNTY HISTORICAL SOCIETY
Photo: HANDOUT
Photo: HANDOUT

Springfield looking back: The massive machinery that printed and binded

In 1915, James P. Goodwin started the Springfield Printing and Binding Company, located at 123-129 W. Main Street.

»» Looking back: A driving force behind newspapers in the city

Employees are shown here around 1920 with the company’s massive printing and binding machine. 

»» Then & Now: Ihrig and Sons

Wilbur Faulkner took over the company in 1920, and in 1923 it was renamed Faulkner Printing and Binding, which operated through the 1930s with family members later working on the book bindery for Crowell-Collier.

»» Looking back: Peek inside a 1900s grocery store

X