(UPDATE @ 9:05 p.m.): A female has been taken to Miami Valley Hospital suffering from “potential serious burns” in the kitchen fire at the residence on Fisher Drive, Huber Heights Fire Lt. Robert Williams said.
The female who was burned was able to get out and a male who stayed inside trying to put out the flames was not injured, Lt. Williams said.
He alluded to the idea the burn victim may have been hit by grease splatter, noting quickly that it’s early in the investigation and that both people still have to be interviewed. He said investigators will have to determine whether the burn victim suffered her injuries while helping the male fight the fire.
Williams estimated the monetary damage to the structure and contents at “maybe $1,000,” noting the fire was contained to the kitchen.
At least one person reportedly has been taken to a hospital from a residential fire in the 5700 block of Fisher Drive in Huber Heights.
The fire was reported just after 8 p.m.
We're hearing the fire is out. We're working to learn more.
Call our 24-hour line with a news tip, 937-259-2237, or send it to email@example.com
Thank you for reading the Springfield News-Sun and for supporting local journalism. Subscribers: log in for access to exclusive deals and newsletters.
Thank you for supporting in-depth local journalism with your subscription to the Springfield News-Sun. Get more news when you want it with email newsletters just for subscribers. Sign up here.