The Ohio State Highway Patrol, and police departments in Miamisburg, Miami Twp., and West Carrollton have joined the Light Ohio Blue campaign to show support for law enforcement personnel who protect their communities.
Businesses and residents are encouraged to show their support during this campaign, which runs from May 8 to May 16.
This year, Light Ohio Blue is collaborating with Batteries Plus Bulbs to offer blue light bulbs at a discounted rate.
How you can help Light Ohio Blue:
- Place a blue bulb on your exterior porch light
- Wrap blue Christmas lights around your home or business
- Light up your entire home or business with blue flood lights
- Place blue ribbons on your mailbox, nearby columns or posts
- Wear blue on May 15
- Tell your friends, family and neighbors what you’re doing and post a picture to social media using #LightOhioBlue