Huber Heights man pleads not guilty to Clark County abduction

Terry Collis is arraigned in Clark County Municipal Court Monday.

A Huber Heights man is accused of holding his ex-girlfriend against her will and taking away her cellphone so she couldn’t call for help.

Terry Collis, 43, pleaded not guilty to abduction during his Monday morning arraignment in Clark County Municipal Court. His bond was set at $10,000 and he remained in the Clark County Jail as of Monday afternoon.

An officer was dispatched on Saturday to Speedway, 90 N. Xenia Drive in Enon, after a woman who came in to use the restroom told employees “she was being held against her will by her ex-boyfriend who was in the parking lot in a U-Haul truck,” according to an affidavit filed in the case.

ExploreMore mosquitoes test positive for West Nile in Clark County

As the U-Haul was pulling out of the parking lot onto Dayton Springfield Road, an officer with the Enon Police Department arrived and followed it to conduct a traffic stop, the affidavit said. The driver, identified as Collis, said he was driving over to the ATM at the other gas station while his friend was at Speedway.

The officer then told Collis about the woman’s complaint and put him into his patrol car while he investigated.

The woman told the officer that Collis got “extremely upset” over a card and asked her if she wanted to go home and she told him yes.

ExploreNew Carlisle bank opens second branch in Springfield

“While in the vehicle, Collis informed her that she wasn’t going to leave, and he then started driving on the highway … While driving on the highway, he was driving all over the roadway, yelling and screaming at her, which he later started throwing things at her,” the affidavit said.

The woman said Collis then took away her cellphone so she could not call anyone before he pulled into Speedway, where she went inside and told employees she was being held against her will, the affidavit said.

Collis was then arrested and taken to jail for abduction.

According to the affidavit, the Dayton Police Department also was contacted to investigate because the woman said the incident started in the city.