Visit one of the following Division of Wildlife public shooting ranges to gain hands-on experience with firearms from certified instructors at no charge from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. On-site staff will provide equipment, ammunition, ear protection and eye protection at these locations.
- Deer Creek Wildlife Area, corner of State Route 207 and Cook Yankeetown Road NE, Mt. Sterling 43143
- Delaware Wildlife Area, 1110 State Route 229, Ashley 43003
- Grand River Wildlife Area, 6693 Hoffman Norton Road, Bristolville 44491
- Spring Valley Wildlife Area, 3570 Houston Road, Waynesville 45068
- Woodbury Wildlife Area, 41384 State Route 541, Warsaw 43844
Division of Wildlife public shooting ranges provide comfortable, safe places to hone skills with rifles, shotguns, handguns, and archery equipment. A complete list of range facilities, and the amenities offered at each, can be found at wildohio.gov.
Class A shooting ranges offer supervised rifle and pistol target shooting. Class B facilities offer unsupervised rifle and pistol target shooting, while Class C ranges host unsupervised clay target shotgun shooting.
The shooting range permit requirement is waived for veterans on all Division of Wildlife Class A, B, and C shooting ranges on Nov. 11. Outside of that day, all persons 18 and older shooting on Division of Wildlife Class A, B, or C ranges are required to purchase a shooting range permit, available at all hunting and fishing license outlets, via wildohio.gov, or on the HuntFish OH mobile app. Daily permits are available for $5. The annual permit is $24.